Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Hair Cut

High maintenance to say the least.  It has taken four years and one month to convince Cody that I am worthy of cutting his hair. Side note and I hate to brag but…  It is not like he shouldn’t trust me with his hair.  I have done cousins, friends, sisters, and mother of the bride wedding and dance hairdos.  Not to mention the continual daily niece hair style.  My specialty is the braid.  Now I am just bragging too much because honestly I don’t think I need to advertise my braids when I am talking about doing Cody’s hair!! Anyways, a continue argument of Cody’s and mine (yes we do argue for those of you who watched us and just thought our relationship is perfect) is that I like his hair long and he likes his hair short.  We always know who wins that one because it has yet to be long.  So when Cody said he needed a haircut and I replied with my usual, “I will cut it!” I got caught off guard with the surprising answer of, “okay fine,” and so I cut it instantly.  I rushed it because I was afraid he would change his mind if I gave him any more time. So I borrowed some clippers and talked to a hair stylist friend, who made me an expert in less than two minutes, because Cody was coming and I didn’t want him to know that I, Shaina, was getting advice.  Long story short, it didn’t go so bad, except the bald spot on the side that luckily Cody can’t see and a moment when I looked at him when I was in the middle of cutting and couldn’t stop laughing because he could pull off the retarded role in a movie if casted at that moment.  Cody, did put his hat on right away.  Because of my huge success, I did have to rub it in a little bit and do the I told you so comments.  So I just added up the money that we have wasted on hair cuts for Cody and so I have now paid myself that money plus tips and I am starting a Café Rio fund.  Now when I visit Utah I can have Café Rio for three meals a day.

3 comments:

Amy said...

LOL, you tell the best stories. I laughed out loud five times while reading this.... I SO miss you!

Amy said...

P.S. I think it's a tragedy you didn't post a photo of the haircut.

Anonymous said...

I agree we need a picture:)